Close
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more

Skiing & Snowboarding (general)

Skiing & Snowboarding (general)

For everything and anything to do with skiing and snowboarding. Whether you're a seasoned expert or just starting out, this is the place for you.

• Andy Miller
    Andy Miller
    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 17:11

Hi Folks

Does anyone know how to find a guide for skiing the Vallée Blanche?

Thanks

Andy

• Lawrence Dregent
    Lawrence Dregent
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 11:03

Hi, Andy.

I'd start by looking on 'AndyPMountainGuide.com' to see if Andy Perkins is free on the day you are interested in. Even if he is not he knows all the other British mountain guides based in Chamonix so should be able to find you someone. 

• Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones
    Posted: 10 Feb 2019 14:35

Andy Miller:

Did you find someone?  I'm going with Avalanche Academy Chamonix next week and can report back if you are interested.

• Graham Elliott
    Graham Elliott
    Posted: 13 Feb 2019 16:04

Hallo Andy

I skied la Vallée Blanche about 10 years ago and signed up with a group through la Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix which has an office in the town centre. As I remember, there were six of us (5 x French and me) plus the guide, Christian. I can't remember the cost of the guiding. Even with the full ski pass, there was an additional cost of 50 Euros or so to use the very highest lift to access the top of the route.   

Bonne chance ! Graham

Before you can add your comments, you'll need to log in to skiclub.co.uk.

If you're already a Ski Club member or signed up with skiclub.co.uk, log in to join the discussion.