Close
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more

Skiing & Snowboarding (general)

Skiing & Snowboarding (general)

For everything and anything to do with skiing and snowboarding. Whether you're a seasoned expert or just starting out, this is the place for you.

• Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 16:22

I see that France tops the league table in price rises for the upcoming season. 

https://www.planetski.eu/news/10903

Ah, c'est la vie! 

• John Bourne
    John Bourne
    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 12:55

I've booked a couple of skiing holidays so far independently to Klosters, Switzerland, and yes I do know that Switzerland is expensive. The Swiss flights MAN - ZRH are dearer than last year even after Club discount. The rail transfer is similar to last year. The Sunstar hotel advertised prices are the same as 4 years ago. Lift pass is about 2% dearer. The exchange rate against the Swiss Franc (and the Euro) is much the same as a couple of years ago. I expect my holiday to cost the same as previous years, give or take a beer or two.

Methinks there is a bit of Brexit scaremongering going on.

• Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 13:13
    Edited: 19 Oct 2018 15:48
    John Bourne: Like you, Switzerland is my country of choice, along with Austria, and prices have been fairly stable (albeit 'reassuringly expensive' quality of course as Mr Kipling would say) over the past couple of years. It's France that seems to have hiked them most. Hey ho, roll on Zermatt, Saas Fee and Obergurgl!