Close
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more

Ski Club Freshtracks

Ski Club Freshtracks

If you're already booked onto a Freshtracks holiday this season, or you're looking for advice on which holiday to go on then post your question here.
  • 1 like
    1 like
    David Taylor
    David Taylor
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 01:08
    I think the All Mountain development holiday sounds like a great idea and I look forward to trying it this year. You go where the skiing & snow is best, mixing it up throughout the week. Off-piste holidays are fantastic when the conditions are good but leaders seem to feel pressured into taking groups into areas where the conditions are not only poor but also dangerous.
  • 1 like
    1 like
    Andy Thompson
    Andy Thompson
    Posted: 09 Nov 2018 14:58

I have been a leader on one of these courses.  I also think they are a great idea and that more people should book.   This is a sensible way to improve your off-piste skills rather than jumping in at the deep end with a difficult off-piste course.    It is useful to be able to ski all types of on-piste with different types of turns.  It is also easier to learn the skills for off-piste - either on the piste or on an easy off-piste.

The instructors on the course are Fay and Rachel - really smiley and positive.  Much better to learn from them than a mountain guide.  They do like to be off-piste and will take the group as far as the group abilities will allow.

As you say - they go where the snow best suits the group, without the pressure that mountain guides sometimes feel to find big off-piste routes.