Close
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more

Non-snowsports

Non-snowsports

Ever fancy talking about something that's not winter-sport related? Now's your chance - our users often enjoy pastimes that have nothing to do with skiing.

• Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 23 Aug 2018 14:04
    Edited: 23 Aug 2018 18:51

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45274972

Can somebody please explain to me the benefits of Brexit but avoiding 'taking back control' etc. as the whole wretched mess is totally out of control. Talk about rabbits and headlights. Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, well Wandsworth, to coin a phrase!

• 1 like
    1 like
    Helen O'brien
    Helen O'brien
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 18:01
    No! I can't.........
  • 2 likes
    2 likes
    Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 22:19
    Helen O'brien: Me neither!

• Richard Patey
    Richard Patey
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 15:39
    yes it's a complete mess and causing havoc on the ski industry too http://sbit.org.uk/ - check out their latest report which states the exchequer will lose out on a billion in tax!

• Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:38
    Unsurprisingly I see some travel companies are now building Brexit boilerplate into their T's & C's to protect themselves from client claims if/when Brexit goes belly up.

• Gerry Aitken
    Gerry Aitken
    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 19:54
    I'm fed up with the EU. FoM has decimated prices in the building industry. How can you compete with people who are happy to live in a shed or a caravan and undercut you on price? Then they take their money home and it's worth 4x what it is here! Low wage economies plundering high wage ones is just wrong. I note that the Germans stopped the Poles from coming in for many years after FoM started.
  • 1 like
    1 like
    Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 15 Nov 2018 20:33
    No surprise that the £ tanked today as this debacle spiralled downwards even further. I'm getting pretty hacked off with the political ambitions of some and to hell with you, me and the economy.
  • 1 like
    1 like
    Marcia Nash
    Marcia Nash
    Posted: 18 Nov 2018 07:06
    £350m pw for the NHS, don't you know? It was written on the side of a bus so must be true.
  • 1 like
    1 like
    Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 18 Nov 2018 11:22
    Marcia Nash: Yup, that lie and many others e.g. Liam Fox's 'easiest trade deal in human history'

• Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 09 Jan 2019 21:27
    29th March is fast approaching and here we are with politicians going round in circular  arguments and no progress. What a mess!

• Michael Smith
    Michael Smith
    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 21:04

29th March is fast approaching and here we are with politicians going round in circular  arguments and no progress. What a mess!

Oh, I said that before and virtually nothing has changed progress wise. What a bleeping mess!!