Close
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more

Equipment

Equipment

Give us your reviews and ask your questions on ski and snowboard equipment - there's nothing better than first hand knowledge!

• Andy Laurie
    Andy Laurie
    Posted: 16 Sep 2018 10:12
    For anyone who's interested, Sportpursuit.com currently has a number of Tugga heated gloves and mittens on sale.  I don't know the brand but just thought I'd pass on the info as the prices look attractive.

• John Bourne
    John Bourne
    Posted: 18 Sep 2018 10:34
    HotHands hand warmers provide "Up to 10 hours of heat" and cost about £1 a day. They are about the size of a tea bag and just fit into the palm of your hand. Usually available from outdoor sports shops. I think they are good.

• Richard Holland
    Richard Holland
    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 22:17
    John Bourne:Sorry John, I have to disagree with you, I used them in the mountains during the Beast from the East last year and they were pretty near pointless for my hands, but I did put a few of them in pockets inside my jacket.

• Brian Crow
    Brian Crow
    Posted: 06 Oct 2018 08:12

Andy Laurie: I went to buy them in late September and following payment promptly got "Out of stock" advice....

NONE of the Tugga variants apeared to be available from their supplier:- Bizarre that all stock levels were in error????

Note Sportpursuit does not always dispatch goods promptly but does advise of the fact!

They are also selling Hestras but I got some cheaper on O2escape. Fine gloves!

• Sue Dowden
    Sue Dowden
    Posted: 10 Oct 2018 12:38
    I bought Blazewear heated glove liners a few years ago at the Ski Show on a promo offer. They work well. The only down-side is the extra bulk around the wrist/hand for the batteries, well worth it for warm hands. https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gloves/heated-active-glove-liners-black-kit

• Andy Laurie
    Andy Laurie
    Posted: 10 Oct 2018 19:48
    Brian Crow:  oh, sorry to hear that.  Maybe they had a very limited stock.  I've found Sportpursuit generally very reliable and have bought several things - not gloves though!

• Richard Peterson
    Richard Peterson
    Posted: 11 Oct 2018 13:41

A word of caution with battery heated gloves.

Someone I skied with a few years ago used them because of a medical condition. When we came to do a transceiver practice he was getting erratic signals when trying to find the buried transceiver. After a while the guide figured out that it was the batteries in the gloves that were causing the problem.

I heard subsequently that some manufacturers now issue a warning on the accompanying instructions when you purchase, however I suspect it might be quite easy to miss it.

• Andy Laurie
    Andy Laurie
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 11:29
    The heated gloves are back on sportpursuit and it seems they have at least some availability as I tried a couple of types and sizes.
  • 1 like
    1 like
    Brian Crow
    Brian Crow
    Posted: 18 Nov 2018 21:26

Andy Laurie: They re-advertised the Tugga heated gloves again a few weeks later and I purchased some. Not an unattractive price and if they are a remedy for cold fingers "What a result"

Dispatch was amazingly prompt. So well played Sportpursuit.

Have not "tried" them yet but slightly taken aback by the size/weight imbalance of the battery pack on the back of the wrist.

I bought a medium size based upon sizing chart and they are a slightly generous medium but I fear small may have been too neat????

• Andy Laurie
    Andy Laurie
    Posted: 21 Nov 2018 11:23
    Hope they work well for you. A bit big sounds better than a bit small - you might want inners!
  • 2 likes
    2 likes
    Brian Crow
    Brian Crow
    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 16:29

The heated Tugga gloves work fine on all settings....

Really noticed when I had not recharged the battery thinking there was plenty of life left in them.....

Soon became used to the weight/bulk of the battery on the wrist too.